Top 10 Advantages of HSAs
- Your health insurance premium is typically lower.
- Your HSA contribution is tax deductible even if you don't itemize
- Your HSA grows tax free and rolls over year to year
- Your HSA is in your name, not your employer's, so it is portable
- You control when withdrawals are made from your HSA
- You can now roll IRA funds into your HSA one time penalty-free
- You can pay for vision, dental, and other medically qualified expenses with pre-tax dollars
- You can pay for your family members' medical expenses out of your HSA even if they aren't covered by the qualified health insurance plan
- You can build a potential retirement account with money you would have been spending on insurance premiums
- HSAs finally make health care affordable!
Back to Top